WAIVER & FAQ
Release and Waiver Of Liability for Participation in Activities Sponsored by Daniel Coates-Finke.
I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am participating in classes, virtual classes, workshops and/or other wellness and healing arts activities (collectively, the “Activities”) offered by Daniel Coates-Finke. The Activities may be offered in a physical location or offered virtually by Zoom, videos, television, podcasts, apps or other digital media or platforms. All of such offerings, either physical or online, shall be considered “Activities.”
2. I recognize that I must be in adequate physical and mental health to participate in the Activities. I understand that the Activities may require intense physical exertion, and I represent and warrant that I am physically fit enough to participate, and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the Activities. I recognize that the Activities may cause or aggravate a physical injury or medical condition. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician before my participation in the Activities. If I have done so, I have taken the physician’s advice. I understand that Daniel Coates-Finke reserves the right to refuse my participation in any Activity on medical, fitness or any other grounds.
3. I am aware that my participation in the Activities could result in high blood pressure, fainting, heartbeat disorders, physical injury, heart attack or stroke and may aggravate pre-existing injuries. I understand that I could experience muscle, back, neck and other injuries and emotional stress as a result of my participation in the Activities. I understand my physical limitations and I am sufficiently self-aware to stop or modify my participation in any Activity before I become injured or aggravate a pre-existing injury.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the sponsored Activities, including those which may result from the negligence of Daniel Coates-Finke or any other instructor, workshop presenter, independent contractor or staff member.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claim” (as defined below) I may have against Daniel Coates-Finke or any other entity, including “Open Yoga”, workshop presenters, independent contractor or staff member, (hereinafter referred to as a “Released Parties”) that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities even if the Claim arises from the negligence of any Released Parties or anyone else. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss, cost, or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. “Claim” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering and distress, or death that I may suffer, my spouse, children or unborn child may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in any Activity.
6. I, my heirs, legal representatives, or assigns, forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue any Released Parties for any Claim caused by any negligence or other acts of a Released Parties.
7. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of Maryland and that all actions, suits, claims and proceedings relating to this agreement shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in the State of Maryland.
8. In case any provision of this agreement shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall not affect any other provision of this agreement and this agreement shall be construed as if such provision had never been contained herein.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily and knowingly agree to the terms and conditions stated herein. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue and certain legal rights my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against any Released Party. My electronic acceptance of this waiver shall constitute my agreement to be bound by the terms of this waiver, in the same manner as if I had applied my signature to the document.
I have read and agree to the terms above *
All Sales on drop-in classes and memberships are final. No refunds.
MATERIALS & PROPS
For drop in classes no materials are required, any needs for yoga courses will be communicated ahead of time.
All classes are virtual for the time being, please check the site for any updates.